Welcome Swappers

This is a Swap Blog where anything goes...We welcome crocheters, knitters, stitchers, all crafters. We will swap books, yarn, pen pal letters, post cards, or anything we desire! So come on in and grab that cup of tea or java and sit a spell and sign up, you'll regret it if you don't!!! It's fun! It's simple! And it's Swap madness!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors and Donations

****If anyone is interested in Donating or Sponsoring prizes for the contests, please email Crochetoholic and you'll be given an advertising link in the sidebar and more advertising in posts throughout the swap, and on all the other associated blogs. See the sidebar for the link to donate $$$ for the "Yarn Fund." ****Also, if anyone cares to make buttons, that's always appreciated! And you will be sent a small gift for every accepted button.
Photobucket Check out Point Breeze Designs for handmade items, bags, house hold items, everything for the whole family, and now "Treasures Again" in their PBD's Attic for all your second-hand treasures. Its like E Bay without having to bid! And be sure and bookmark the site as it adds new items weekly!!!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Hayley's Wish List

Hayley's Wish List...

Are you a knitter or crocheter??
Crocheter & self taught to boot! I can knit... I just taught myself how too...
I love to make.....Pretty much anything. I love working on scarves and I am currently venturing into making a babette blanket. I have made hats and bags too.
I really want to make......A boteh scarf, slipper sock/socks and a bobble (puff stitch purse). Also I would love to make a felted item – what I am unsure.
My favorite yarns are.....
Soft, Chunky, Colourful. I love the bamboo yarns and the yarns that are different thickness throughout.
My wish pattern is......
Boteh Scarf Pattern – Interweave Crochet Spring 2007
My favorite hooks or needles are.....
Metal needles... no specific kind. I like the coloured ones which are heavier. I find the plastic hooks to light and harder to use. I would love to find a great wood or bamboo hook – I have seen them on the web.
I really wish I had.....
My favorite colors are...
Earthy tones – Browns (all shades: dark chocolate to light brown or tan), Greens (funky neons to the deepest greens), gold, copper. Other favs: pinks, purples and blue.
My hobbies...
Crochet, Read, Cooking (want to study to be a Chef) – Food TV is my life, Blog, play field hockey, and snowboard.
My kitchen theme and colors...
I live in a rental – so currently the kitchen is White. But my dream kitchen would be Cranberry Red with quartz countertops, and cream cabinets and hardwood floors. *deep reds and creams or topes.
My bathroom theme and colors...
Leopard Print and once again with the earthy tones.
My dislikes....
Hmm... Acrylic yarns that are scratchy! People who litter, and who don't clean up after their dogs while on walks.
My crafts..what I like....
My allergies...
None
My favorite pets...My Scottie – Dexter (8mo) & My Himalayan Pearl (6 yrs) - But I love the Blue Footed Boobie Bird.
My favorite scents...
Vanilla, Gardena, and Lilly's
My favorite novels or magazines...
Mags - Martha Stewart Living, Interweave Crochet, Every Day Food, Food & Drink, Women's Health and Real Simple
Novels - I have too many favourites
Other stuff about me...
I graduate from University this year. I am currently taking a Geography degree with a focus on Environmental Science. I have applied and been accepted to Cooking school, for Culinary Management. I have two pets, Pearl (cat) and Dexter (my Scottie). I love learning new things. I have done a bit of travelling. I lived in the Caribbean for 1.5 years as well I lived in Alice Springs, Australia for 1 year. I love to cook and entertain.

No comments:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket