Okay gals....SIGN UP FOR July SWAP HERE!!!!
If you want to be in the swap YOU MUST sign up here under the comments and remember to put your name in the comments so I am sure to link the comment to you....
July: Red, white and blue month, Trivia: This is a theory: There was an act that said that the flag of the thirteen United States be the thirteen stripes, alternated with red and white and the union be thirteen stars be white in a bay of blue field that would represent a new constellation. The Continental Congress left no record to show why it chose the colors. However, in 1782, the Congress of the Confederation chose these same colors for the Great Seal of the United States and listed their meaning as follows: white to mean purity and innocence, red for valor and hardiness, and blue for vigilance, perseverance, and justice. According to legend, George Washington interpreted the elements of the flag this way: the stars were taken from the sky, the red from the British colors, and the white stripes signified the secession from the home country. However, there is no official designation or meaning for the colors of the flag. A vexillologist is an expert on flags and ensigns.
You will send your partner:
- Any 1 pattern made of Red, white, and blue colors
- All the yarn needed to complete the pattern
- All the notions needed, including the hook or needles
- A red, white , or blue bag to put the project in [can be handmade or bought]
- A red, white, and blue decoration, stickers, or magnet
- A novelty, costume jewelry red, white, and blue pin
- A surprise gift in the red, white, and blue colors
If you do not comment here you will not be in the swap...
Swappers so far:
- Beth R ---Sue P
- Sue P --- Samantha
- Samantha--- Lilli B
- Lilli B ----Debb
- Debb [Crochetoholic] --- Lori L
- Lori L -----Beth R