Welcome Swappers

This is a Swap Blog where anything goes...We welcome crocheters, knitters, stitchers, all crafters. We will swap books, yarn, pen pal letters, post cards, or anything we desire! So come on in and grab that cup of tea or java and sit a spell and sign up, you'll regret it if you don't!!! It's fun! It's simple! And it's Swap madness!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors and Donations

****If anyone is interested in Donating or Sponsoring prizes for the contests, please email Crochetoholic and you'll be given an advertising link in the sidebar and more advertising in posts throughout the swap, and on all the other associated blogs. See the sidebar for the link to donate $$$ for the "Yarn Fund." ****Also, if anyone cares to make buttons, that's always appreciated! And you will be sent a small gift for every accepted button.
Photobucket Check out Point Breeze Designs for handmade items, bags, house hold items, everything for the whole family, and now "Treasures Again" in their PBD's Attic for all your second-hand treasures. Its like E Bay without having to bid! And be sure and bookmark the site as it adds new items weekly!!!

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Swapping Reminder and Rules







Good morning Gals!! I hope everyone is ready for the June Tote Kit Swap. I will be assigning partners this weekend and then the fun begins! Just a reminder this is the last swap till September. Anyone who is not in the swap or who is and wants to change their status, PLEASE email me.
I wanted to take a monment and let everyone know that any swap we have does not require you to send anymore than what the theme is. You do not have to buy lots of extra goodies, although if you want to that is ok too. The reason I say this is I do not want to discourage others from joining that want to swap, but may not be able to afford all the "Extra" goodies that some swappers send. You can find many items at the $1 store and also any Walmart. Some items are lighter than others and can help on postage too. With the rate increases some of us may not be able to send a lot of things that weigh more increasing the postage to higher fees.
So in a nutshell. Send whatever you can afford and I am sure all our partners will be happy with what they get. It is for fun and the surprise of getting a package that someone else has shopped for that makes these swaps fun. And anything handmade is always welcomed! Yarn does not have to be hand dyed yarn store quality yarn to be sent in our swaps. I have crocheted with a cheaper yarn and made some really pretty items. So have fun ladies and don't fret on your packages. We are here to enjoy the swaps!!! Now if anyone has not received their May swap and has not heard from their partner, please let me know. Most of you should have your packages or they are on their way to you by now. Thanks Crochetoholic Debb

4 comments:

monique said...

I still haven't received my package.
A bwhile ago I have heard from my swap partner that it will be soon on it's way.......She left a comment on my blog but I'm not able to respond back( don't know if she has a blog).
Hopefully I still receive my package.
MOnique.

Craftybernie said...

Thanks Debb.

I must admit I do like spoiling my swap pals in swaps and exchanges but this doesn't mean I spend a fortune. I am actually unemployed, disabled and in a one income household so sticking to a set budget is essential.

A handmade gift from my extensive craft stash is always included and I think appreciated because of the extra effort. I know I always enjoy something that has been hand made by the sender.

Another thing I do is keep a selection of 'knick knacks' that I pick up in sales. Not crappy stuff that I wouldn't want cluttering my own house but something that will be used or is a bit of fun, or perhaps accessories that can be used by my pal when they craft themselves. It might be something small that they covet or a particular pattern etc....

I hope everybody enjoyed the swap. It can be intimidating taking part in swaps sometimes. There are some swaps I could never afford (or justify) to take part in because of the expenditure involved.

Bernie

DaCraftyLady said...

What a wonderful idea Bernie...I agree that you can make some beautiful and very welcomed gifts for your patner without the high expense. Very good ideas....

vegasangelbrat said...

Lots of things can be made that don't add up to high expense and then the questionaires help alot too...good point Bernie on stocking up :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket